[css-text] treatment of Appendix A
Hiroshi Sakakibara
2015-02-12 05:00:41 UTC
Hi all,

While we develop EPUB3 viewer based on Blink, especially vertical
writing mode related to Japanese script, we noticed that text
proccesing oredr is defined in Text module[1].

Since we think this order is very important to understand/implement
text related propeties, it should be refered from other modules'
Introduction section, such as Writing Modes and Fonts.

If we don't understand anything, please let us know. (i.e. historycal
reason, discussed already, etc)

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-text-3/#order

Best Regards,

Hiroshi
--
榊原 寛 / Sakakibara Hiroshi
ビヨンド・パースペクティブ・ソリューションズ株式会社
Web: http://www.bpsinc.jp/
fantasai
2018-03-05 07:20:02 UTC
Post by Hiroshi Sakakibara
Hi all,
While we develop EPUB3 viewer based on Blink, especially vertical
writing mode related to Japanese script, we noticed that text
proccesing oredr is defined in Text module[1].
Since we think this order is very important to understand/implement
text related propeties, it should be refered from other modules'
Introduction section, such as Writing Modes and Fonts.
If we don't understand anything, please let us know. (i.e. historycal
reason, discussed already, etc)
[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-text-3/#order
Hi Hiroshi!

I've added the cross-link as you requested to the Module Interactions
section of CSS Writing Modes 3 and CSS Writing Modes 4:
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/commit/78a99ed700032030cdec9de57b3fa70a2420c9b4

For Fonts I've filed an issue for Myles and Chris Lilley to address:
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2393

Thanks for your feedback! Sorry it took so long to address.

~fantasai
Chris Lilley
2018-03-05 21:02:45 UTC
Post by Hiroshi Sakakibara
Hi all,
While we develop EPUB3 viewer based on Blink, especially vertical
writing mode related to Japanese script, we noticed that text
proccesing oredr is defined in Text module[1].
Since we think this order is very important to understand/implement
text related propeties, it should be refered from other modules'
Introduction section, such as Writing Modes and Fonts.
  https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2393 --
I made the edits for Fonts 3 and Fonts 4, adding the reference to the
order of processing in the Text module.

--
Chris Lilley
@svgeesus