[csswg] Agenda conf call 10-Jan-2018
Alan Stearns
2018-01-10 00:55:43 UTC
Time/Phone/WebEx details available to WG Members in w3c-css-wg.
See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2017OctDec/0076.html

US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000

For local times, see:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180110T17

0. Extra agenda items and other digressions

1. [css-fonts] Handle language/family dependent cascading of keyword font-size values
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1835

2. [css-fonts] Do generic fonts resolve to a single font face value?
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1736

3. [css-fonts] Make larger/smaller simple ratios
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1711

4. [css-fonts] [cssom] Serialization of font properties when system font is specified
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1586

5. [css-fonts-4] Should the OpenType spec dictate the acceptable values for variable font CSS properties?
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1531

6. [css-fonts-3] Default feature list should not require a list of features to turn on
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1267

7. [css-font] Clarify what value is invalid for font-language-override and why it shouldn't generate parse error
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1104

8. [css-fonts] Grammar of <feature-value-name
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1000

9. [css-overflow] add overflow-block and overflow-inline to support CSS Writing Modes
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2000

10. [css-boxmodel] Allow the texts in input element to be painted into the top and bottom padding area.
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1941

11. [css-values] Retiring support for 3-valued positions (excluding background)
https://github.com/w
Lea Verou
2018-01-10 01:55:20 UTC
Likely regrets, family visiting

--
Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse weird typos and/or terseness.
Post by Alan Stearns
[...]
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2140
Thanks,
Alan
Chris Lilley
2018-01-10 15:36:48 UTC
Hi folks,

Since I agenda+'ed a ton of css-font* issues, I should explain why and
what I want to achieve.

The last CR publication of CSS Fonts 3 was in 2013. Since then we have:

- greatly improved implementations
- more thorough tests
- a better idea of what is at risk and what should get bumped to Level 4

So we resolved to publish an updated CR. Transition request in progress:
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/blob/master/css-fonts-3/transition-cr-2017.md

However, that requires a disposition of comments for all comments made
2013-2017. We didn't have one, so I went digging and put one together:
https://drafts.csswg.org/issues.html?spec=css-fonts-3&doc=cr-2017

These agenda items are to deal with comments that were seemingly not
addressed. I am fine with any of the following resolutions to each
(remember this is for updated CR not PR, though I hope PR is not too far
away):

- we solve the issue and resolve not to change the spec
- we solve the issue and make editorial changes to the spec
- we solve the issue, make substantive changes, and add tests for them
- we leave the issue open and republic CR noting this is still open
- we resolve to move the affected feature to Level 4 (I hope not too
many of these)

That will let me update the disposition of comments and thus request
updated CR transition.
Post by Alan Stearns
[...]
@svgeesus
Technical Director @ W3C
W3C Strategy Team, Core Web Design
W3C Architecture & Technology Team, Core Web & Media