[Restyle] Spec Template Redesign - Update
2018-02-25 06:01:04 UTC
As Coralie announced a fortnight ago, W3C and Jefferson University are collaborating
on a full redesign of the W3C specification templates (including boilerplate text
and markup), with a goal of completing a prototype design by May 2018. The students
are posting their updates at
https://medium.com/jefferson-w3c-collaboration
with the introductory post at
https://medium.com/jefferson-w3c-collaboration/announcing-the-jefferson-w3c-specification-collaboration-fd6080b6de89
and an update describing the project brief and timeline at
https://medium.com/jefferson-w3c-collaboration/next-step-of-our-collaboration-a-design-brief-b1afe1f13c00
The students also have a brief survey open at
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfyhnfGENOVmhhQ5MS3e2mwOG5V4y-Z--ymtSVNxwHNL38sog/viewform

The scope of the project and requirements are detailed on the W3C wiki at
https://www.w3.org/wiki/SpecProd/Restyle
If there's info that belongs in the spec templates that's not listed in the wiki at
https://www.w3.org/wiki/SpecProd/Restyle/Content
please add it in.

please tag them with [Restyle] as I have done here.

Since we do things here by consensus, it's going to take the participation
of all of W3C to make this project happen. Let us give these students enough
guidance to stay on the rails as they work through the problem, so that we
end up with an excellent template for us to use going forward!

So please
a) Forward this information to your working groups
b) Be sure to let us know any requirements that are not already documented
c) Follow along and review their work! Comments can be left on their blog
posts and, as aforementioned, via spec-prod.
and let me know if you have any questions.

~fantasai
fantasai
2018-05-04 23:02:49 UTC
Hello!
The students have spent the semester doing user research and analysis,
along with a bit of prototyping and user testing, to come up with
recommendations for the W3C specification templates.

They plan to give their final presentation on May 8th at 2pm EDT,
which anyone can join remotely. For details see
https://medium.com/jefferson-w3c-collaboration/join-us-tuesday-6f0414f995be

Hope to see some of you there!
~fantasai