[css-images] Editorial: clarify the default sizing algorithm
Simon Sapin
2013-04-03 14:49:47 UTC
Hi,

As written in the current ED, the default sizing algorithm (§5.3.1)
1. If the object has an intrinsic height or width, its size is
resolved as if its intrinsic size were given as the specified size.
2. Otherwise, its size is resolved as a contain constraint against
the default object size.
1 and 2 both invoke sub-algorithms, but fall into specific cases of
If the specified size has no constraints, each dimension of the
concrete object size is taken from the intrinsic dimensions if that
intrinsic dimension is given, from the default object size
otherwise.
Simon Sapin
Lea Verou
2017-04-19 06:38:28 UTC
Hi,
As written in the current ED, the default sizing algorithm (§5.3.1)
1. If the object has an intrinsic height or width, its size is
resolved as if its intrinsic size were given as the specified size.
2. Otherwise, its size is resolved as a contain constraint against
the default object size.
1 and 2 both invoke sub-algorithms, but fall into specific cases of
If the specified size has no constraints, each dimension of the
concrete object size is taken from the intrinsic dimensions if that
intrinsic dimension is given, from the default object size
otherwise.
--
Simon Sapin
This is not equivalent: Your wording is not equivalent to the original, since it resolves dimensions separately, ignoring any intrinsic aspect ratio.

Lea Verou ✿ http://lea.verou.me ✿ @leaverou
Simon Sapin
2017-04-19 06:50:02 UTC
Post by Lea Verou
Post by Simon Sapin
[...]
You’re right. I don’t remember the details, but it looks like when I
wrote that email I misunderstood the bit of spec that I proposed modifying.

It also looks like I intended this to be an editorial-only change, so no
change is fine.
--
Simon Sapin