[csswg] Agenda conf call 28-June-2017
Rossen Atanassov
2017-06-28 00:46:31 UTC
Time/Phone/WebEx details available to WG Members in w3c-css-wg.
See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2015AprJun/0206.html

US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000

For local times, see:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170517T16

0. Extra agenda items and other digressions

1. Spec Rec next steps

2. [css-counter-styles] Propose to make "disc" not overridable
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1521

3. [css-logical-props] Naming of inset-* properties prefix
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1519

4. [css-align] should 'place-items' accept 'legacy' values?
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1449

5. [css-align] are there compatibility issues with replacing overconstraint rules from CSS2?
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1428

6. [css-align] don't introduce baseline alignment to table columns
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1422

7. [css-align] Should 'left' and 'right' really both fall back to 'start?
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1403

8. [css-timing] reconsider name of frames() timing function
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1301

9. [css-syntax] Trim whitespace around declarations?
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/774

10. [css-values] Computed value of a negative calc unit that doesn't allow negative lengths.
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/434

11. [css-flexbox] [css-text] Alias "nowrap" as "no-wrap"
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1537

Thanks,
Rossen
Florian Rivoal
2017-06-28 09:51:38 UTC
Regrets. Not enough for me in the Agenda to justify being up at 1am.

Just a couple of comments for item 1 in the agenda:

* Fantasai has reviewed (and merged) half the tests I had for css-ui. Half still pending[1]. On my side, I am reporting the failures of the confirmed tests to the relevant browsers.

* We've approved css-contain for CR publication a long time ago. It'd be nice if we could actually get it to happen. Unless I've missed something, the ball is with the w3c's court (Chris / Ralph) and has been for a while, and the WG / Editors have done all what was expected.

—Florian

[1] https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/5285
Rossen
Chris Lilley
2017-06-28 11:58:05 UTC
Post by Florian Rivoal
* We've approved css-contain for CR publication a long time ago. It'd be nice if we could actually get it to happen. Unless I've missed something, the ball is with the w3c's court (Chris / Ralph) and has been for a while, and the WG / Editors have done all what was expected.
You can see the current status of that (and any other transition) in the
usual place
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/blob/master/Transitions.md

For the CR of CSS Contain, the transition request was 8 May and the next
step says "next step: waiting for confirmation that issues raised on
transition call are resolved."

I will check with Ralph if he still has outstanding issues.
--
Chris Lilley
@svgeesus
W3C Architecture & Technology Team, Core Web & Media
Florian Rivoal
2017-06-28 12:43:06 UTC
Post by Chris Lilley
I will check with Ralph if he still has outstanding issues.
Thank you.
Post by Chris Lilley
You can see the current status of that (and any other transition) in the usual place
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/blob/master/Transitions.md
I somehow was not aware of that file. Now I am, thanks for the pointer.

—Florian