[css-counter-styles] Re: CR: CSS Counter Styles Level 3
timeless
2015-07-03 17:12:43 UTC
http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/CR-css-counter-styles-3-20150611/
system: extends armeniam; [sic]
If the <custom-ident>’s respresentation [sic] is an ASCII case-insensitive match for any of the other predefined counter styles,
Note: the prefix and suffix don’t play a part in this algorithm.
I think you can drop `the` (also applies to the same phrasing
throughout the paragraph)
What follows is an empty section because it's the end of the section.
I'd encourage you to avoid using `:` in this manner.
while this style jumps into triple digits with "AAA", "BBB", "CCC", etc.
I am not used to `digits` describing non numeric characters...
This specific section doesn't define `digits`.
The alphabetic counter system interprets the list of counter symbols as digits to an alphabetic numbering system
If the system is alphabetic, the symbols descriptor must contain at least two counter symbols
Can it be composed of only two counter symbols that happen to be the same?
Let difference be the provided <integer> minus the number of grapheme clusters in the initial representation for the counter value. (Note that, per the
algorithm to generate a counter representation, this occurs before adding prefixes/suffixes/negatives.) If the counter value is negative and the counter style uses
a negative sign, further reduce difference by the number of grapheme clusters in the counter style’s negative descriptor’s <symbol>(s).
In Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6;
rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0, the background clips the first
line's descenders and the third line's ascenders.
Unicode is otherwise capitalized.
so that it is always available as an ultimate fallback style.
I have problems with `an ultimate`, I wouldn't object to `a final`,
the problem is that to me there should be only *one* ultimate, so if
there's more than one, it isn't ultimate, and if there's only one, it
should be `the ultimate`.
The ethiopic-numeric counter style is defined for all positive non-zero numbers.
is 0 a positive number?
I'd encourage you to move the `[]`s before the `.`, it's really hard
to read this way, I know there's a style for it, but...
If the returned value is an [sic] <custom-ident>,
Tab Atkins Jr.
2017-07-18 23:09:53 UTC
Post by timeless
http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/CR-css-counter-styles-3-20150611/
system: extends armeniam; [sic]
Fixed.
Post by timeless
Note: the prefix and suffix don’t play a part in this algorithm.
I think you can drop `the` (also applies to the same phrasing
throughout the paragraph)
Agreed, fixed.
Post by timeless
What follows is an empty section because it's the end of the section.
I'd encourage you to avoid using `:` in this manner.
Changed to just say they're defined in the following sections.
Post by timeless
while this style jumps into triple digits with "AAA", "BBB", "CCC", etc.
I am not used to `digits` describing non numeric characters...
It's a valid usage, and the "alphanumeric" section uses it.
Post by timeless
This specific section doesn't define `digits`.
It's an example, it doesn't need to refer to precise definitions. ^_^
Post by timeless
The alphabetic counter system interprets the list of counter symbols as digits to an alphabetic numbering system
If the system is alphabetic, the symbols descriptor must contain at least two counter symbols
Can it be composed of only two counter symbols that happen to be the same?
The spec makes no mention of the values of the counter symbols,
because they're not relevant.
Post by timeless
Let difference be the provided <integer> minus the number of grapheme clusters in the initial representation for the counter value. (Note that, per the
algorithm to generate a counter representation, this occurs before adding prefixes/suffixes/negatives.) If the counter value is negative and the counter style uses
a negative sign, further reduce difference by the number of grapheme clusters in the counter style’s negative descriptor’s <symbol>(s).
In Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6;
rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0, the background clips the first
line's descenders and the third line's ascenders.
This no longer occurs.
Post by timeless
so that it is always available as an ultimate fallback style.
I have problems with `an ultimate`, I wouldn't object to `a final`,
the problem is that to me there should be only *one* ultimate, so if
there's more than one, it isn't ultimate, and if there's only one, it
should be `the ultimate`.
Switched to "the".
Post by timeless
The ethiopic-numeric counter style is defined for all positive non-zero numbers.
is 0 a positive number?
It's ambiguous in common usage, thus the clarification.
Post by timeless
I'd encourage you to move the `[]`s before the `.`, it's really hard
to read this way, I know there's a style for it, but...
Instead, I just split the paragraph after it. It's common practice to
have a biblio ref at the end of a paragraph, and shouldn't be as
troublesome to read.
Post by timeless
If the returned value is an [sic] <custom-ident>,
This text ended up being replaced, so the error no longer exists.

Thanks for the thorough review!

~TJ