When becomes "CSS Backgrounds and Borders Level 3" a standard?
Regina Henschel
2018-03-13 13:45:19 UTC
Hello CSS-Team,

I'm member of the technical committee of Open Document Format [1][2]. We
are interested to use section 7.1 of "CSS Backgrounds and Borders Level
3" as normative reference in the upcoming version ODF 1.3. Your current
version is "CR". But we are not sure whether it is already suitable as
normative reference.

Does there exist a schedule, when this specification will become a "W3C
Recommendation"? Or can you estimate it?

Which kind of changes might occur on the way to the final version?

Will the final version too be available by the URL
"https://www.w3.org/TR/css-backgrounds-3/" ?

[1] https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office
[2] https://www.oasis-open.org/standards#opendocumentv1.2
[3] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-backgrounds-3/

Kind regards
Regina Henschel
Regina Henschel
2018-03-14 09:24:05 UTC
Thank you for your helpful answers.

Kind regards
Regina Henschel
Post by Regina Henschel
Hello CSS-Team,
I'm member of the technical committee of Open Document Format [1][2].
We are interested to use section 7.1 of "CSS Backgrounds and Borders
Level 3" as normative reference in the upcoming version ODF 1.3.
Great! I often use .odt .
Post by Regina Henschel
Your
current version is "CR". But we are not sure whether it is already
suitable as normative reference.
Does there exist a schedule, when this specification will become a
"W3C Recommendation"? Or can you estimate it?
Which kind of changes might occur on the way to the final version?
"
For this specification to be advanced to Proposed Recommendation, there
must be at least two independent, interoperable implementations of each
feature.
"
CR exit criteria
https://www.w3.org/TR/css-backgrounds-3/#cr-exit-criteria
"
98 required tests are considered valid and do not meet CR exit criteria.
"
http://test.csswg.org/harness/results/css-backgrounds-3_dev/grouped/
and we know there are at least 40 tests that have problems, need
corrections.
The test suite may also need more tests (basic tests and complex tests).
Gérard
Several CSS3 Backgrounds tests in the test suite need to be fixed,
corrected, adjusted (otherwise reviewed) including tests in the 7.1
section of "CSS Backgrounds and Borders Level 3".
Also, 7 spec issues (including one affecting section 7.1: issue 2305)
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Acss-backgrounds-3
and I believe (I'm not 100% sure on this) these 7 spec issues will
have to be closed satisfactorily before moving to PR.
Post by Regina Henschel
Will the final version too be available by the URL
"https://www.w3.org/TR/css-backgrounds-3/" ?
Yes. You can bookmark that link.
Gérard